Monday, July 27, 2009

Port Townsend...finally

I finally buckled down and felted the Port Townsend Purse. Its only been completely knit for what? A year now? (And the award for best display of procrastination goes to...)

The purse is called the Port Townsend because I bought the yarn when I went with Sister to Port Townsend for Memorial Day 2008. (Fun day. Lovely yarn shop. Also, the first time I ever parallel parked...proud moment.)



The yarn is 100% alpaca...which is my favorite fiber, but not one I had ever felted before. (I just like to pet it. A lot.) I think it felted rather well! It is Misti Alpaca worsted in peacock melange and chartreuse melange.

The pattern is original. I like it, but it didn't come out quite the way I envisioned. I ran out of the green yarn before I had the purse body the length I wanted. Port Townsend was too far away to go for more, and the likelihood of finding the same dye lot was slim anyway. As a result, it is longer and skinnier than I had anticipated. I think I will try the pattern again with some greys that I have in the stash. Make a larger, less clutchy purse.

No comments: