Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Movie Theater Dishcloth I

This is a pattern for a simple dishcloth that is great brain-free knitting at a movie theater. Not only is it an easy pattern, but it is small enough to stash in your purse! They are fast knits too! I finished 3/4 of one of these during Up on Sunday night. (Great gift idea!)



Movie Theater Dishcloth I

Finished Size: 8"x8"

1 - 2 oz ball of 100% cotton worsted weight (Such as Sugar'n Cream...it is especially fun to use a self-striping yarn like I did in the sample!)
1 - pair US size 7 straight needles

Gauge: 20 stitches = 4 inches in garter stitch

Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: K2, YO, K2
Row 3: K2, YO, K to end.
Repeat Row 3 until there are 56 stitches on the needle (53 rows)
Row 54: K1, K2Tog, YO, K2Tog, K to end
Repeat Row 54 until there are 4 stitches on the needle.
Knit one row
Cast off 4 stitches

Weave in ends, block if desired, clean dirty dishes.

(This pattern is not original with me, but I don't remember where I first saw it. It is a common pattern...kind of like a garter stitch scarf, so no one can really take credit for it!)

No comments: