Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Want to be the Yarn Harlot

Apparently, I really DO want to be Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

Not only was I inspired to make the Wunder-Scarf based solely on her samples...she has dictated yet another project.

She mentioned a sweater she wanted to make on her blog, it's called the February Lady. Then she went about discussing all of the spinning, and swatching, and knitting she was doing for said sweater. I thought it looked neat. I thought it was even better after I read the pattern itself.

I went out. I bought the yarn. (It was almost free since I had a full stash card discount to use!)I ended up choosing Cascade 7809. It took 5 balls.

It has been a lovely sweater to work on. I started it just before I left for DC, and got a lot done on the plane. Unfortunately, I didn't find buttons for it at the convention last weekend, but I am keeping my eyes peeled.

I was unable to finish it in February, which had been my goal, due to the amount of school work and time-essential projects I have had. However, it is with great hopefulness that I reset my goal. Now I am wanting to have it done in time to wear when I am back in Seattle for grad school the first weekend in April. Can I do it? Yes I can!

No comments: