Thursday, April 9, 2009

Isn't She Lovely

My February Lady sweater is lovely. (I type with all humility.)

I love her.

And I finished her on time as well!

She isn't the first sweater I have made, but she is the first that is actually flattering. My last couple were all made from bulky yarns which, according to What Not To Wear, are not ideal for my body type. February Lady's worsted weight Cascade 220 is much better. Also, the fact that she was knit top-down in-the-round meant that I could make sure she was a flattering length. (An earlier sweater was woefully cropped, and knit in pieces so that the high-water nature was not apparent until I made it up.) She was divine to work with, and I know will be divine to wear.

In fact, I am headed out tomorrow to find appropriate matching garments with which to partner her for Easter on Sunday!

No comments: