Monday, April 13, 2009

Argh! And An Ugly Picture!

I finished my beautiful sweater...as rhapsodized about in the previous post.

I went to the Great Mall to find a dress to wear with it on Easter.

Nothing.

Nada.

Zilch.

Actually, the style and cut of the sweater was unflattering with the style and cut of dress I had envisioned (sheath or tailored). I ended up looking like a bunch of little boxes stacked on top of each other. I think that perhaps a more flowing dress would work. The problem is finding a dress that looks right on the bottom, but also has a neckline that works.

I ended up wearing the sweater to work on Saturday and wearing something else on Easter. I did get lots of compliments on the sweater, though. It looks stunning with slacks. The children's librarian wears a lot of sweaters in a similar style, and asked how much it would cost for me to make her one. (Actually, not that much materials-wise since she would want acrylic due to her wool allergy.)

I DO NOT LIKE THIS PICTURE OF ME THAT WAS TAKEN AT WORK. BAD ANGLE. END OF DAY WEARINESS CLEARLY SHOWING. YET I AM PUTTING IT UP ANYWAY.



I promise that a more attractive photo shoot will soon take place and be posted.

No comments: