I spent my birthday with Brother and Sis-In-Law yesterday. It was grand.
I extended the celebration by one day when I went to the store to take advantage of the 20% birthday discount.
I had to go on my lunch break, since they are only open 10-6 on Mondays, and I work 9-6.
I went in with a plan...a great plan...a plan that I had every intention of sticking to:
1. I was only going to spend babysitting money, all other funds have to go toward living expenses. (check)
2. I would only buy yarn for specific projects, none of this buy-now-figure-out-what-to-do-with-it-later business. (check)
3. I would be very selfish and only buy yarn for projects for me. After all, it was my birthday!(check)
4. I would NOT buy sock yarn since I have scads of it. And had received a lovely skein of Alpaca Sox as part of my birthday present from the parents.(ummmm....)
5. I would NOT buy anything Noro. I don't need Noro. I need to branch out. (double ummmm....)
Well...3 out of 5 isn't bad!
Here's the swag:
The noro will go toward a coffee cup cozy for me...since I currently use one that I just never got around to gifting.
The sock yarn will be used in a sock pattern from Knitty.