Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dishcloths, Dishcloths, Dishcloths


The adult services librarian at work has asked me to plan an adult version of my Get Knittin'@The Library Teen Program since so many adults were disappointed to learn they weren't welcome at the teen one. (Well, of course you're not...what fun would that be for teens if old people showed up? Hence the title: Teen Program! Anyway...)

I agreed, and we chose a night in June. I have made up the flyers and supply sheets. Since it is the summer, I thought that a scarf would not really be appealing. Instead, we are going with my old standby: the dishcloth. Fast, fun, AND functional. What more could you want?

While I have several in the gift stash that I could have used as samples, I realized that most of them were stitch pattern swatches. Since I am only having the ladies garter stitch, these could have been construed as false advertising. (distraught student: but I thought my dishcloth was going to be lacy/multicolored/heavily textured. sheepish teacher: nope...I was just too lazy to make a proper class sample.)

So, now I have yet another project to add to the queue. Luckily, I have plenty of yarn just lying around. At least when I get these finished I will be able to toss them into the gift stash. Or, now that I think about it, if I make them the right color, they can be my wedding gift for DEA and Songbird! Hooray for multi-purposing!

No comments: