Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wow! I'm Famous!

I highly encourage everyone to google:
Get Knittin San Ramon

That is correct. I am almost every result on the first page!

The library sent out a press release about my adult knitting program next Wednesday. This is not, in and of itself, a big deal. We always send out press releases. What is a big deal is that it was actually picked up by major news agencies: NBC, Contra Costa Times, MSN, etc.

The full-text of the release reads as follows:

"On Thursday, June 17, from 6:30 to 8:00 pm, at the San Ramon Library, Megan May will present "Get Knittin' @ The Library." You will learn the basics of knitting at this workshop designed just for beginners. Knit a simple dishcloth and discover the rewards of creating your own housewares! Once you get started you'll be on your way to knitting purses, scarves, and other accessories! No registration is necessary, but you will need to bring your own needles and yarn. Supply sheets are available at both the San Ramon and Dougherty Station libraries!

Megan May has been knitting since she was four, and quilting since she was six. She has taught knitting in three states, from 5 year olds to 75+. She has run a knitting service group, "Team Tabitha," and has an ongoing knitting blog.

This program is free and open to the general public, and will be held at in the second floor meeting room of the San Ramon Library, located at 100 Montgomery St., San Ramon, at the corner of Bollinger Canyon Road and Market Street. For more information please call the Library at (925) 973-2850."

Don't I sound important, and actually competent? I am excited. Not every agency used the full text, the majority just used the first paragraph...but still! Now I am just a little nervous that my turnout will exceed my capabilities. The librarian and I have made arrangements to project my instructional videos on a screen via laptop, and I am going to bring my ginormous needles and chunky yarn for demo purposes. Here's hoping it works out!

No comments: