Monday, September 21, 2009

Progress Report

I worked on the Rivendell Sock on Thursday at the Survivor Kick-Off/Very Late Birthday Celebration. I was already to the foot with the gusset finished, so I was very comfortable working on it in the dark.

I got to within a 1/2 inch of the toe decrease, then put it away.

I got it out again Saturday night when Twilight came over to watch Big Bang Theory. There in the light of my living room I saw it...a dropped stitch...I had dropped it almost 3 inches back, and it had run for about 6 rows.

GASP! The HORROR! GASP! (Too far back to pick up...unable to frog the socks...I would have to tink...for nearly 3 inches!)

Once the hyperventilating stopped...I put it away. Worked on a garter stitch scarf.

Sunday afternoon, I got down to business. I tinked. I tinked. I tinked some more. I tinked for 2 1/2 inches, till I was close enough to pick the stitch back up.

Here is the current progress:



I would celebrate more...except I realize that in addition to the remaining 3-4 inches of this sock that I have to REknit, I have still another whole sock to knit!

No comments: