Sunday, September 13, 2009

It May Be Better To Give Than Receive...

...but receiving can be nice too!

I don't know how long it has been since someone has made something for me...a while. (I think the last was my high school graduation quilt, actually.)

This doesn't bother me. I make so many things myself, that is seems almost silly to expect a handmade item. Usually people support my habits rather than duplicating them. (I love getting yarn, fabric, books, notions, gift cards, etc.)

Still...I was extremely touched when Mama L gave me this for my birthday/Christmas/anytime:



That absolutely beautiful and cozy cheeto-orange hand-crocheted afghan was made with love for me by another person.

(I would also like to point out that this was no small undertaking...the afghan is HUGE! I can wrap myself completely up in it. I watched her work on it for months!)

Thank you Mama L!

No comments: