Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday

I am breaking with my tradition of taking the 31 or the 1 off, and posting two entries back to back because...

TODAY IS SISTER'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

She is 24.

Sister gave me my first "commission"...sort of...she never actually paid me. Rather, she went to the yarn shop with Mom and I, picked up some yarn and said:

"Hey, this is pretty. Can you make me a scarf out of this?"

Well, I could. So, I did. I think it was officially her birthday or Christmas present.

Though I have made her a purse, a couple of scarves, and a beanie or two, I haven't knit as much for her as I probably should/could. The problem is that she lives in KY, and I live in CA. (Also, I know for a fact that she can knit her own stuff if she really wanted to, she just chooses not to...I mean, why should she when Mom and I will just knit things for her?)

Still...I love her, and am sad that I can't be with her on her birthday.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, Sister! Christmas is only 55 days away!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thanks!! I appreciate that! :) Love you!