On Wednesday night, Perky asked me if I could make her another (Fort) Knox beanie. This time she wanted it in black.
I thought about it, for maybe a millisecond, and agreed. They are fairly quick knits, they make for good movie/social knitting, and I had plenty of good black wool in the stash. In an impetuous moment (so out of character for me...), I told her I would have it Sunday morning.
Then I got home.
I found the yarn.
I could not find the needles.
I went through my entire bag of needles.
Then I saw them. My 16" US size 6 circular needles.
They were attached to half of a rust (Fort) Knox beanie that I had cast on a couple of weeks ago.
I had two options:
1. I could move the rust beanie over to waste yarn and recover the needles.
2. I could finish the rust beanie, and then cast on the black one.
Option 1 was probably the smarter and more practical choice.
So of course I chose option 2! (I knew in my heart of hearts that once that rust beanie was on waste yarn, it would languish in the stash...never to be heard from again.)
Luckily I knit FAST!
I finished the rust beanie Thursday night at Preach and Psych's house.
I cast on the black one Friday night.
I finished the black one Saturday night.
I even wove in the ends!