Thursday, February 11, 2010

Knitting Olympics 2010


The Knitting Olympics will begin tomorrow.

Here is how they work:
  • Cast on a project that will pose some sort of challenge for you during the opening ceremonies.

  • Finish said project by the time the Olympic torch is extinguished 16 days later.


This has posed a bit of a problem for me...I really want to participate, but with work and school pressing in on me I don't see how I'll be able to take part to the extent I would like.

I would like to be able to cast on a sweater, or an intricate pair of socks...I just don't have the time to devote to knitting that those types of things would require.

So instead I am making a bit of a compromise. Instead of choosing a project that is a time/skill challenge, I am choosing a project that I have been procrastinating on. I will knit something that has been in my stash for years. This is a challenge for me. I have a lot of back log in my stash. There are many projects that I was in love with when I planned, but being the fickle person I am, I dumped them and moved on without a backward glance.

Nominees for Olympic Knitting include:
  • A cinema shawl out of some blue mohair I purchased when Sweet Stitch was still open(so...4 years ago...)

  • A mobius cowl neck vest out of some blue heron cotton that I also purchased at Sweet Stitch.

  • An earflap hat out of the periwinkle and white llama yarn that, yes, I purchased at Sweet Stitch.

  • The Candleflame cashmere scarf out of the GORGEOUS cashmere yarn that...you guessed it...I purchased at Sweet Stitch! (In my defense, I was making a scarf out of this, but the stitch pattern didn't work with the variegation...)


Decisions, decisions!

No comments: